Thursday 24 October 2019

In Eden, the cafe at the end of the world

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=78SkTuk8Zd4

Last night I dreamed I was dancing with old friends, colleagues and students. One used to head the bereavement serice at Sobell, while Mary was my co-director, and is now long dead. Visitors from beyond the grave often come to people who are dying, as this video shows.

I am not sure how long I have left to carry on my work, but am currently well and enjoying what i am doing very much.

Peter Fenwick supervised Penny Sartori on her PhD study of people in the Cardiff cardiology centre who have had Near Death Experiences. I met her in oxford a while back. Lovely woman.

There is a great deal of research both from brain scientists and phenomenological researchers in this area now. I was very blessed to meet two people with insights in the area today at my departure lounge /death cafe meeting.


I was speaking to someone in the street yesterday about my death cafe (which happened today) and he complained that all the people he met at the one he attended a while ago were talking about their near death experiences.

Today, in the actual cafe meeting no one came specifically for the meeting.

However, a couple sat down close by me for coffee, seemingly oblivious of the event.

I engaged them in conversation. They were both doctors, one a distinguished brain surgeon. She had had a near death experience. Jung would call this synchronicity.

We had a fascinating conversation. He left me his card. Tonight I wrote to him so perhaps there will be more to follow.

I will do some more publicity and maybe I won't need synchronicity to bring people into the cafe on halloween next Thursday morning between nine and eleven. Oh, the staff are friendly and the food is vegan.

entrance to the cafe with departure lounge sandals



The departure lounge inside Eden.





cosey corner with head rests for those preparing to depart



time for reflection and maybe planning

No comments:

Post a Comment

Connecting with your heart

Why Meditate? What is meditation?  Meditation improves brain function at an anatomical level National library of Medicine we reviewed and me...